Translational Social Neuroscience
Third-party funding (selection of current projects)
German Research Foundation
- Neural mechanisms of (mal)adaptive approach and avoidance behaviour
- Clinical Research group ResolvePAIN
- Heisenbergprofessur and Research grants, e.g., focusing on social motives
- Project: The long-term effects of Corona on mental health: Trajectories of adaptive and maladaptive coping
Sino-German Center for Science Promotion
- Mobility Grant: Cultural neuroscience research on social motivation and behavior
Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Grit Hein, Dipl.-Psych.
Telefon: +49 931 201 77411
Current research topics
Social Motives (e.g. empathy, reciprocity, egoism etc.):
- Neuronal processing
- Interactions between different motives
- Interactions between social motives and cognitive processes (e.g., learning and decision processes
Impact of social interactions on clinically relevant processes (e.g., anxiety, pain)
- Identifying social factors and specifying types of social interactions that reduce anxiety and pain
- Effect of social interactions in every-day life on mental and physical health
Selected publications can be found here.
Click here for media coverage of our work.
Please also visit us on Twitter.