Our main focus is on:
- Research on disease mechanisms for neurodegenerative disorders, in particular motoneuron disorders.
- Generation and analysis of cell culture and mouse models for motoneuron disease.
- Development of therapeutic strategies for treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and spinal muscular atrophy.
- Characterization and analysis of signalling pathways for neuronal survival, differentiation, axon growth and neuronal cell death.
- Genetic analysis of patients with motoneuron disease.
- Participation in European (Euro-MOTOR) and
- German Networks (MND-Disease Network, BMBF Dystonia Network, ForIPS) for Neurodegenerative Disorders