Center for rare Movement Disorders
Programs and services
- Improvement of diagnostic and patient care for patients with rare or unclear movement disorders
- Early diagnosis, diagnostic, therapy initiation and optimization and research for / within rare movement disorders in an interdisciplinary setting for patients of all age groups
- Application of diagnostic procedures according to practice guidelines of the German Neurological Association. If required application of special diagnostic methods in cooperation with other competence centers.
- Definition and implementation of interdisciplinary therapy concepts.
- Organization of interdisciplinary case conferences.
- Support of innovations in the field of rare movement disorders (clinical studies, basic research etc.)
- Cooperation with the center for rare diseases – reference center northern bavaria (ZESE) and other national and international institutions and networks for an optimization of health care for patients with rare movement disorders.
- Department of Neurology
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Neurosurgery
- Department of Nuclear Medicine
- Department of Neuroradiology
- Institute of Human Genetics
Priv.-Doz. Dr. Delia Lorenz
+49 931 201-23751 (Office Prof. Volkmann)
+49 931 201-27729 (Office ZESE)