High-quality medical care and cutting-edge research
The University Hospital of Würzburg consists of 19 clinics with policlinics and three autonomous policlinics as well as four clinical institutes.
Furthermore a vocational school centre for health professions is connected to the University Hospital.
We take care of about 72.000 stationary and about 263.000 ambulant patients per annum (2021). In addition we take part in lots of clinical centers in which the interdisciplinary cooperation take center stage. Amongst others for example the Comprehensive Cancer Center Mainfranken, the Interdisciplinary Center for Palliative Medicine and the Comprehensive Heart Failure Center are at our patients disposal.
Some of our clinics are located around the central facility in striking distance or in other parts of the city:
- Head clinic (Department of Ophtalmology, Department of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Neurology, Department of Neurosurgery, Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Neuroradiology)
- Psychiatric clinic (Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Division of Forensic Psychiatry, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy)
- Dentistry clinic (Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Department of Orthodontics, Department of Prosthodontics, Department of Conservative Dentistry and Periodontology, Division of Periodontology, Department of Functional Materials in Medicine and Dentistry)
- Dermatology (Department of Dermatology, Venerology and Allergology)
- Clinic for Women (Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Paediatrics (Department of Paediatrics)