Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Angelika G. Schmitt-Böhrer
Phone: +49 931 201 76402
Fax.: +49 931 201 77220
- Elif Salur (PhD student)
- Catharina Hamann (PhD student)
- Elisabeth Rapp (med. doctoral candidate)
- Sarul Dubiel (med. dent. doctoral candidate)
- Molecular mechanisms of emotionality, e.g. epigenetic programming, gene x environment interaction (SFB TRR58 TP A01/A05)
- Neurobiological basis of behavior with focus on the serotonergic, dopaminergic and glutamatergic system and their influence on learning & memory, attention and impulsivity
- neuronal plasticity with focus on the role of adult hippocampal neurogenesis and neuromorphology in various limbic brain regions in animal models of anxiety (SFB TRR58 TP A01), depression and neurodegenerative disorders
Within the Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, a particularly close cooperation exists with the Division of Molecular Psychiatry – Prof. Klaus-Peter Lesch's group, but also with Dr. Dr. Matthias Fischer's group and Dr. Bodo Warrings' group.
On the University level:
- Prof. Esther Asan: Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wuerzburg, Koellikerstr. 6, 97070, Würzburg, Germany
- Dr. Camelia Monoranu: Department of Neuropathology, Institute of Pathology, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
- Prof. Erhard Wischmeyer and PD Dr. Frank Döring: Institute of Physiology, University of Würzburg, Würzburg, Germany.
- PD Dr. Theo Pelzer: Department of Internal Medicine I, Cardiology, University Hospital Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany; Comprehensive Heart failure Center, University Hospital Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
- Prof. Peter Jakob and Dr. Markus Hildenbrand: Department of Experimental Physics 5, University of Wuerzburg, Am Hubland, 97074 Wuerzburg and Fraunhofer Development Center X-Ray Technology EZRT, Department of Magnetic Resonance and X-Ray Imaging, Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany
Nationally and internationally our research group is furthermore linked to several other research groups:
- Daniel van den Hove, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, School for Mental Health and Neuroscience (MHeNS), Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Prof. Melita Salkovic-Petrisic: Department of Pharmacology and Croatian Institute for Brain Research, University of Zagreb School of Medicine, Zagreb, Croatia
- Prof. Andrea Schmitt: Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Nußbaumstr. 7, D-80336 Munich
- Prof. Qian Hua: School of Preclinical Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, 11 Bei San Huan Dong Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100029, China.
- Prof. Dr. Edna Grünblatt: University Clinics of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Zurich, Wagistrasse 12, 8952, Schlieren, Switzerland
- Dr. Johannes Fuss: Institute for Sex Research and Forensic Psychiatry, Center for Psychosocial Medicine, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany.